Thursday, June 12, 2014

No charges against Colin Kaepernick from Miami incident

There was a good indication the 49ers weren’t worried about potential charges against Colin Kaepernick when they gave him a contract extension.

And now, there’s legal justification for that call.

Via Matt Maiocco of, no charges will be filed against the 49ers quarterback from an incident in Miami.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office announced it didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute Kaepernick, or 49ers receiver Quinton Patton or Seattle wide receiver Ricardo Lockette.

“No charges, no indication that a criminal act was committed,” said Ed Griffith of the State Attorney’s Office. “She was alleging that she may have been the victim of a sexual assault, and there was no evidence.”

Kaepernick maintained his innocence throughout, and the 49ers stood by him.

“At some point there needs to be a resolution to some of jump-the-gun, witch-hunt kind of scenario that we’re seeing,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said earlier this offseason. “I mean, the only victim in Colin’s case is Colin’s reputation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment